Priyanka Gandhi Vadra plays saviour for 22-yr-old accident victim in Rae Bareli
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra , who is on a two-day visit of Rae Bareli — the parliamentary constituency of her mother Sonia Gandhi — played saviour for an accident victim on Monday evening, asking her security personnel and local Congress leaders to take him to hospital.
Priyanka was visiting villages in Maharajganj block when she saw a youth lying on the road unconscious.
The youth was later identified as Neeraj, son of Devi Lal from Amrava area. He was driving a motorcycle when he was reportedly hit by a Tata Magic vehicle.
He was first taken to a community health centre in the block and later shifted to District hospital. Sources in the hospital said the youth, aged around 22, suffered severe head injuries. As his condition was serious, he was referred to a trauma centre in Lucknow.
On Tuesday morning, Priyanka held a janta darbar and participated in a function to mark birth anniversary of her grandmother Indira Gandhi. She also held meeting with local Congress leaders before leaving for Delhi in the evening.