Priyanka tells partymen to base their future campaigns on Aadhaar
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
On a day-long visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's constituency Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday asked party members to concentrate on the making of Aadhaar cards for the people because they would become very important in future.
"She stressed on Aadhaar cards as enrolment of Aadhaar will begin in the district soon. In the coming days, no work will be done without Aadhaar and so she asked us to ensure that maximum number of Aadhaar cards are made in the district," said a party leader who participated in a closed-door meeting of Congressmen held by Priyanka.
Priyanka also asked the party leaders to concentrate on the membership drive, keep a watch on implementation of Government of India schemes and create awareness about them.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China