Priyanka tells partymen to base their future campaigns on Aadhaar
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
On a day-long visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's constituency Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday asked party members to concentrate on the making of Aadhaar cards for the people because they would become very important in future.
"She stressed on Aadhaar cards as enrolment of Aadhaar will begin in the district soon. In the coming days, no work will be done without Aadhaar and so she asked us to ensure that maximum number of Aadhaar cards are made in the district," said a party leader who participated in a closed-door meeting of Congressmen held by Priyanka.
Priyanka also asked the party leaders to concentrate on the membership drive, keep a watch on implementation of Government of India schemes and create awareness about them.
Earlier, her convoy was stopped by some girls of a coaching institute near Civil Lines crossing. Priyanka interacted with the girls, who raised concerns regarding security issues and harassment of women as well as laxity in implementation of central government schemes. Later, she called a group of girls to the Bhuemau guest house and listened to them.