Priyanka tells partymen to base their future campaigns on Aadhaar
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
On a day-long visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's constituency Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday asked party members to concentrate on the making of Aadhaar cards for the people because they would become very important in future.
"She stressed on Aadhaar cards as enrolment of Aadhaar will begin in the district soon. In the coming days, no work will be done without Aadhaar and so she asked us to ensure that maximum number of Aadhaar cards are made in the district," said a party leader who participated in a closed-door meeting of Congressmen held by Priyanka.
Priyanka also asked the party leaders to concentrate on the membership drive, keep a watch on implementation of Government of India schemes and create awareness about them.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it