Priyanka tells partymen to base their future campaigns on Aadhaar
On a day-long visit to her mother and Congress president Sonia Gandhi's constituency Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi on Friday asked party members to concentrate on the making of Aadhaar cards for the people because they would become very important in future.
"She stressed on Aadhaar cards as enrolment of Aadhaar will begin in the district soon. In the coming days, no work will be done without Aadhaar and so she asked us to ensure that maximum number of Aadhaar cards are made in the district," said a party leader who participated in a closed-door meeting of Congressmen held by Priyanka.
Priyanka also asked the party leaders to concentrate on the membership drive, keep a watch on implementation of Government of India schemes and create awareness about them.
Earlier, her convoy was stopped by some girls of a coaching institute near Civil Lines crossing. Priyanka interacted with the girls, who raised concerns regarding security issues and harassment of women as well as laxity in implementation of central government schemes. Later, she called a group of girls to the Bhuemau guest house and listened to them.
- Searching for fresh legs
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Down and out, Cong looks to Rahul to provide booster shot
- A chance for rest of India
- Sehwag to captain MCC in four-dayer
- In last 20 years, only 3 full-time woman faculty members at FTII