Probationary IAS officer booked for dowry demand
- Vyapam scam: No injuries on TV journalist Akshay Singh's body, says post-mortem report
- PM Narendra Modi, Nawaz Sharif to meet on sidelines of SCO Summit
- Meghalaya: 5 taken ill after consuming instant noodles in Shillong, FIR lodged
- FTII row: After Pallavi Joshi, Jahnu Barua offers his resignation to I&B Ministry
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
A probationary IAS officer has been booked for allegedly demanding dowry from the family of a senior police official here to marry their daughter.
Harjinder Singh, an IAS officer on probation, who is posted in the neighbouring Hoshangabad district, was booked under section 3/4 of Dowry Act at Habibganj police station here yesterday on the complaint lodged by Bhopal's Additional Director General of Police Swarna Singh's wife Manjeet Kaur, police said today.
In her complaint, Manjeet alleged that during the engagement ceremony, Harjinder was gifted with a car and some money but he started demanding more money, threatening to break the betrothal if his demand was not met.
The accused was not available for comment.