Probe blames three scientists for US gene shock in Desi Bt cotton
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
About Kategari, it notes that while he claimed he didn't have the expertise to distinguish between Monsanto and Desi events, the project proposal mentions him as the person responsible for molecular analysis of transgenics.
The panel notes: "In all likelihood, the contamination... occurred at UAS. This appears to have occurred not only before Katageri left for USA in October 2005, but even before Khadi moved to CICR in May 2005 as the seeds that Khadi took with him were already contaminated with Monsanto gene."
And while observing that it is difficult to say whether the "contamination" was accidental or deliberate, the panel says, "assuming only accidental contamination cannot account for what has happened."