Probe into chopper scam should be monitored by SC: Yashwant Sinha
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today said that the CBI probe into the VVIP helicopter deal should be monitored by the Supreme court
"BJP will prefer the entire investigation by the CBI to be monitored by the Supreme Court," Sinha told reporters here.
He said the alleged kickbacks in the deal had created a suspicion in the mind of the Opposition because it was not known who were beneficiaries.
Sinha said he would be one of the main speakers from BJP in Parliament on the chopper deal issue.
On allegations against the erstwhile NDA regime for initiating the Agusta Westland deal, Sinha said if that was the fact why did the present government not strike down the deal.
"The UPA should stop putting the blame on the NDA government in every deal," he said.
"Whatever a deal is done by the Defence Ministry for buying aircraft to strengthen its requirement ultimately it turns out to be a scam.
It is really a matter of concern," Sinha said, adding the next deal for procuring aircraft should be handled carefully.