Probe into fake pictures of Delhi rape victim on site
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Kerala police's cyber wing — Hitech Inquiry Cell — has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of an engineering student from the state on a social networking site claiming it as the picture of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The investigation followed a complaint from the Kerala girl's father who said the matter had caused distress and pain to his daughter.
Sources in police said an unidentified person had uploaded the photograph of the 21-year-old girl as the rape victim thinking that it was the picture of the Delhi rape victim.
The 21-year-old has the same name which a section of media had given to the Delhi rape victim.
Police are yet to track down the suspect.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer