Probe into fake pictures of Delhi rape victim on site
- SC allows Italian marine Girone to fly home after Centre backs plea on humanitarian grounds
- India's states have to help navigate country's growth: Modi tells Journal
- 'Under PM Modi, decision making has replaced policy paralysis witnessed during UPA regime'
- Economy’s green shoots yet to strike roots: Private investment still frozen
- Amit Shah nuances 'Congress-mukt Bharat': Freedom from Congress system
Kerala police's cyber wing — Hitech Inquiry Cell — has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of an engineering student from the state on a social networking site claiming it as the picture of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The investigation followed a complaint from the Kerala girl's father who said the matter had caused distress and pain to his daughter.
Sources in police said an unidentified person had uploaded the photograph of the 21-year-old girl as the rape victim thinking that it was the picture of the Delhi rape victim.
The 21-year-old has the same name which a section of media had given to the Delhi rape victim.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength