Probe into fake pictures of Delhi rape victim on site
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
Kerala police's cyber wing — Hitech Inquiry Cell — has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of an engineering student from the state on a social networking site claiming it as the picture of the Delhi gangrape victim.
The investigation followed a complaint from the Kerala girl's father who said the matter had caused distress and pain to his daughter.
Sources in police said an unidentified person had uploaded the photograph of the 21-year-old girl as the rape victim thinking that it was the picture of the Delhi rape victim.
The 21-year-old has the same name which a section of media had given to the Delhi rape victim.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage