Producer, Salman's manager trade charges after shooting, probe on
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali: Sushma on Rahul's anti-graft efforts
- China should shed expansionist mindset: Narendra Modi
- Days after former Mumbai commissioner, another top cop quits post to join BJP
- Allegations against Mata Amritanandamayi's ashram serious: Pinarayi Vijayan
A city-based producer and the manager of Bollywood actor Salman Khan traded charges on Monday after the former was allegedly shot at by two men in Karol Bagh here. The 47-year-old producer, Hardev Singh, escaped unhurt. He lodged a complaint at the DBG Road police station, alleging Reshma Shetty, the manager of Salman Khan, sent the men who attacked him.
Reached for her comments, Reshma told Newsline, "This is a sham and a fraud. I do not know any Hardev Singh. His wife and daughter have made accusations against me and even threatened me in the past. I lodged a police complaint against them on August 29 and the Mumbai Police are on the lookout for them."
DCP (central) Alok Kumar said, "Based on Hardev's complaint, we have registered a case and are investigating all angles."
In his police complaint, Singh said he, along with his wife and daughter, runs a production house in the name of Tons Productions. They were producing a film and wanted to cast Salman Khan in a song, for which his wife had approached Shetty, he said.
"My wife met her but she said she would charge Rs 10 lakh to arrange a meeting with Salman. My wife refused, left her visiting card in Arbaz Khan's office and left. Following this, we started receiving threatening calls from Shetty and we filed a complaint against her at the Bombay Khar police station," he said.
Singh alleged he was on his way to office on Monday when, near the Jakhirpur flyover, a Santro car and a bike started following him. "There were four occupants inside the Santro and two on the bike," he said. Near Jeevan Mala Hospital, he alleged the bikers intercepted his car and the pillion-rider fired two shots and fled. "I suspect Reshma Shetty behind the attack," Singh alleged.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express