Producer, Salman's manager trade charges after shooting, probe on
- Elections LIVE: After snubbing Jaswant, BJP says not sidelining senior leaders
- Search for MH370 LIVE: France has possible images of missing plane debris
- Sharad Pawar encourages party workers to vote twice in Lok Sabha polls
- Thane shocker: 24-year-old woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
- Four IM operatives nabbed from Rajasthan, had plans to attack Modi rally
A city-based producer and the manager of Bollywood actor Salman Khan traded charges on Monday after the former was allegedly shot at by two men in Karol Bagh here. The 47-year-old producer, Hardev Singh, escaped unhurt. He lodged a complaint at the DBG Road police station, alleging Reshma Shetty, the manager of Salman Khan, sent the men who attacked him.
Reached for her comments, Reshma told Newsline, "This is a sham and a fraud. I do not know any Hardev Singh. His wife and daughter have made accusations against me and even threatened me in the past. I lodged a police complaint against them on August 29 and the Mumbai Police are on the lookout for them."
DCP (central) Alok Kumar said, "Based on Hardev's complaint, we have registered a case and are investigating all angles."
In his police complaint, Singh said he, along with his wife and daughter, runs a production house in the name of Tons Productions. They were producing a film and wanted to cast Salman Khan in a song, for which his wife had approached Shetty, he said.
"My wife met her but she said she would charge Rs 10 lakh to arrange a meeting with Salman. My wife refused, left her visiting card in Arbaz Khan's office and left. Following this, we started receiving threatening calls from Shetty and we filed a complaint against her at the Bombay Khar police station," he said.
Singh alleged he was on his way to office on Monday when, near the Jakhirpur flyover, a Santro car and a bike started following him. "There were four occupants inside the Santro and two on the bike," he said. Near Jeevan Mala Hospital, he alleged the bikers intercepted his car and the pillion-rider fired two shots and fled. "I suspect Reshma Shetty behind the attack," Singh alleged.
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism