Prof, brother arrested after wife alleges molestation
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
A Delhi University professor and his brother, an assistant professor at the university, have been arrested for molesting and physically assaulting the latter's wife.
Brijmohan (32), a professor in Kamala Nehru College, and his brother Bhupender (31), assistant professor in Zakir Husain Delhi College, were arrested after the 30-year-old woman filed a police complaint.
The woman alleged that on January 20 night Brijmohan tried to force himself on her. She said her husband, Bhupender, and Brijmohan had returned from a party and were drunk at the time.
She told police that when she tried to resist, the brothers physically assaulted her and threatened her of dire consequences. She alleged that her in-laws also threatened her against telling anyone about the incident.
She said she married Bhupender two years ago. She told police that she was also not allowed to leave the house, but she managed to escape and reach police for help.
Based on her statement, a case of under IPC Sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (wrongful restraint), 354 (molestation) and 506 (criminal intimidation) was registered at Sarojini Nagar police station.
A senior police officer said: "We are questioning the two accused and her in-laws. If the in-laws are found guilty, then further arrests will be made. We are trying to ascertain if the brothers had harassed the woman earlier as well."