Is Jaipal Reddy not happy with portfolio change?
- Srinagar: Militants shoot dead 3 policemen in two separate attacks
- Tamil Nadu: Jaya sworn in as Chief Minister for consecutive second term
- India's RLV-TD launch: All you need to know about the reusable space shuttle
- Trade, transit links on table, but Pakistan will be back of mind for both India, Iran
- Kerala: Jawan found dead with gunshot wounds at naval base in Kochi
Jaipal Reddy, who has been given Science and Technology Ministry, is deeply upset by his transfer from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry and did not come to handover charge to new minister Veerappa Moily.
RPN Singh, who has been shifted from Petroleum to Home in Cabinet reshuffle, welcomed Moily, who was among the first ones to report to their new offices this morning.
Reddy had been accused of being indecisive and almost halting oil and gas exploration.
Reddy's transfer to Science and Technology Ministry is seen as a demotion and reports have appeared that he was transferred for his run-in with Reliance Industries owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Reddy refused to comment on his exit, but supporters said his options are limited.
Reddy took over as the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister last year, replacing Murli Deora.
He took on Reliance on multiple fronts over its DG gas fields in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin. Once India's second-biggest producer of natural gas, the DG fields have been under-performing.
- Chabahar test: An opportunity to India?
- CJI points to judicial backlog, but judiciary must identify root cause
- How a Left in Kerala wasn't right in West Bengal
- Why India-US military cooperation doesn't include northern Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf
- Victory for populism
- Neither BJP nor Congress have a truly national footprint today