Is Jaipal Reddy not happy with portfolio change?
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Jaipal Reddy, who has been given Science and Technology Ministry, is deeply upset by his transfer from the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry and did not come to handover charge to new minister Veerappa Moily.
RPN Singh, who has been shifted from Petroleum to Home in Cabinet reshuffle, welcomed Moily, who was among the first ones to report to their new offices this morning.
Reddy had been accused of being indecisive and almost halting oil and gas exploration.
Reddy's transfer to Science and Technology Ministry is seen as a demotion and reports have appeared that he was transferred for his run-in with Reliance Industries owned by Mukesh Ambani.
Reddy refused to comment on his exit, but supporters said his options are limited.
Reddy took over as the Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister last year, replacing Murli Deora.
He took on Reliance on multiple fronts over its DG gas fields in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin. Once India's second-biggest producer of natural gas, the DG fields have been under-performing.