Professions that attract most psychopaths revealed
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Psychopaths tend to gravitate towards and thrive in professions that offer power and require cutthroat decision making, a new book has claimed.
'The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success' outlines the ten jobs psychopaths are most likely, and least likely, to be found in.
In the workplace, psychopaths are characterised by their attempts to try to undermine and "mentally destroy" their co-workers to feed their need for a sense of power and domination over other human beings.
A leading psychotherapist recently warned Australian bosses that they need to implement strategies to manage workplace psychopaths because they exist in most large companies.
"They don't suffer any guilt or remorse, or in fact they enjoy the suffering of other people," News.com.au quoted Dr John Clarke as telling a conference in Tasmania.
According to the Business Insider, the book says that psychopaths are drawn to and thrive in roles where people need the ability to make "objective, clinical decisions divorced from feelings."
Top jobs for psychopaths are: