Professions that attract most psychopaths revealed
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
Psychopaths tend to gravitate towards and thrive in professions that offer power and require cutthroat decision making, a new book has claimed.
'The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success' outlines the ten jobs psychopaths are most likely, and least likely, to be found in.
In the workplace, psychopaths are characterised by their attempts to try to undermine and "mentally destroy" their co-workers to feed their need for a sense of power and domination over other human beings.
A leading psychotherapist recently warned Australian bosses that they need to implement strategies to manage workplace psychopaths because they exist in most large companies.
"They don't suffer any guilt or remorse, or in fact they enjoy the suffering of other people," News.com.au quoted Dr John Clarke as telling a conference in Tasmania.
According to the Business Insider, the book says that psychopaths are drawn to and thrive in roles where people need the ability to make "objective, clinical decisions divorced from feelings."
Top jobs for psychopaths are: