Profile: Ajmal Kasab, the face of Mumbai terror attack
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK register comprehensive victory over hapless DD
Initial reports offered a conflicting view of Ajmal Kasab as fluent in English, and from a middle class background.
However, an interrogator and deputy commissioner of the Mumbai Police stated that he spoke rough Hindi and barely any English.
Kasab was found guilty of 80 offences, including waging war against the nation, which is punishable by the death penalty.
His death sentence was upheld by the Bombay High Court on February 21, 2011. The verdict was upheld by the Supreme Court of India on August 29 2012.