Profile: Anandiben Patel
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Anandiben Patel, Revenue Minister
Said to be second in command, both in government and the party, delimitation made Patel change her constituency to the BJP bastion of Ghatlodiya from Patan. Thanks to her proximity to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, this hard task master is also seen as Modi's successor in Gujarat if he moves to the Centre. She is seen as BJP's role model among women leaders.
While his seat on the national stage is still not certain, Modi has been grooming Patel, 70, to take over from him. It is understood Patel has conducted meetings of even those portfolios which are not under her. She also also supervises the progress of the Narmada dam project, which has been a significant poll issue. Patel has been a former school teacher.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past