Profile: Jagruti Pandya
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Jagruti Pandya (Ellisbridge, GPP)
The window of slain Haren Pandya, former Home Minister-turned-bete-noire of Narendra Modi, is fighting on a ticket from Keshubhai Patel's GPP from Ahmedabad's Ellisbridge.
This is part of her personal battle to seek justice for Pandya's murder. She has demanded proper investigation in the case even as her later father-in-law Vitthal Pandya had directly accused Modi.
Haren Pandya was killed in 2003. Jagruti believes it was a murder that was politically motivated.