Profile: Saurabh Patel
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
Saurabh Patel, Minister of State for Finance, Industry
One of Modi's few confidants, Patel was among few candidates who was allowed to change his constituency because of changed demographic equations in Botad.
This time, he moved to his own Patel community dominated seat of Akota in Baroda. He runs a chemical trading business and is the key liaison man between the state government and the party. He won Modi over when he successfully privatised the Gujarat Electricity Board. Modi's controversial NaMo Gujarat cable and IPTV project was directly handled by him.
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor