Profile: Saurabh Patel
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Saurabh Patel, Minister of State for Finance, Industry
One of Modi's few confidants, Patel was among few candidates who was allowed to change his constituency because of changed demographic equations in Botad.
This time, he moved to his own Patel community dominated seat of Akota in Baroda. He runs a chemical trading business and is the key liaison man between the state government and the party. He won Modi over when he successfully privatised the Gujarat Electricity Board. Modi's controversial NaMo Gujarat cable and IPTV project was directly handled by him.