- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Shweta Bhatt (Congress)
Her candidature from Congress against Narendra Modi in Maninagar has been seen as a proxy battle of her husband Sanjiv Bhatt, a suspended IPS officer who accused Modi of orchestrating the 2002 riots. She calls her fight a battle for democracy.
Last time, Narendra Modi defeated Dinshaw Patel by 75,000 votes and any contest against him is usually of little significance. But still, Shweta Bhatt has managed to grab the headlines. Her husband IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, now suspended, is a hero to Modi's critics for daring to testify against the chief minister.
Bhatt has accused Modi of playing a complicit role in the 2002 riots.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18