Projects commissioned during Vibrant Gujarat summits dip by 70%
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
These figures related to commissioning of projects are part of the larger database that the state government collects to evaluate the status of various industrial projects during a particular year.
Between 2003-2012 (that saw five Vibrant Gujarat summits), agreements for a total of 5,263 large projects — worth Rs 8.9 lakh crore — were inked with the government. Gujarat (as on October 31, 2012) has 3,400-odd projects worth about Rs 8 lakh crore, carry the "under implementation" tag, shows government figures.