Projects commissioned during Vibrant Gujarat summits dip by 70%
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
These figures related to commissioning of projects are part of the larger database that the state government collects to evaluate the status of various industrial projects during a particular year.
Between 2003-2012 (that saw five Vibrant Gujarat summits), agreements for a total of 5,263 large projects — worth Rs 8.9 lakh crore — were inked with the government. Gujarat (as on October 31, 2012) has 3,400-odd projects worth about Rs 8 lakh crore, carry the "under implementation" tag, shows government figures.
As per the latest figures, among the districts, Surat has the most projects (over 650) that are under implementation, followed by Kutch (600), Bharuch (460), Ahmedabad (330), Valsad (290) and Vadodara (266). Chemical and petrochemical sector has the most number of under implementation projects (875 projects), followed by textiles (500) and infrastructure (330).
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign