Projects commissioned during Vibrant Gujarat summits dip by 70%
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
These figures related to commissioning of projects are part of the larger database that the state government collects to evaluate the status of various industrial projects during a particular year.
Between 2003-2012 (that saw five Vibrant Gujarat summits), agreements for a total of 5,263 large projects — worth Rs 8.9 lakh crore — were inked with the government. Gujarat (as on October 31, 2012) has 3,400-odd projects worth about Rs 8 lakh crore, carry the "under implementation" tag, shows government figures.
As per the latest figures, among the districts, Surat has the most projects (over 650) that are under implementation, followed by Kutch (600), Bharuch (460), Ahmedabad (330), Valsad (290) and Vadodara (266). Chemical and petrochemical sector has the most number of under implementation projects (875 projects), followed by textiles (500) and infrastructure (330).