Property tax: Dhandari Kalan traders to pay Rs 4,500 per sq yard
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Industrialists having their units in Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, will now have to pay property tax at collector rate of Rs 4,500 per square yard instead of Rs 8,200 per square yard.
Members of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) said that the collector rate for all industrial properties in industrial area Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, was Rs 4,500 per square yard.
Rahul Ahuja, chairman of CII Ludhiana, said that they even got a stamped document from the Deputy Commissioner's office that in 2012-13, Rs 4,500 was the collector rate while the Municipal Corporation had asked everyone to pay on the basis of Rs 8,200 collector rate which is the price of commercial properties in that area.
Ahuja said that after having the signed document with them, industrialists have been advised to pay property tax as per the collector rate of industrial properties and the commercial sector should pay as per Rs 8,200 per square yard. This would reduce the tax slab for industrial properties, he added.
MC Commissioner Rahul Tewari says that every one can pay tax as per prevailing collector rate and through self- assessment. "In case more tax is paid by someone, we will refund it," he added.
Already Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had announced exemption of 25% on collector rate to deposit property tax and industrialists were told to pay property tax on 75% of the collector rate. Further, 10% more concession can be availed if the tax is paid till November 30. However, collector rate of Rs 4,500 per square yard is in Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, only and the remaining phases 5-8 have no mention in the revenue department.
Ahuja said, "Industrialists in the other phases should follow the same rule because even they have industrial properties. Hence, they must file tax at Rs 4,500 per square yard collector rate only."
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties