Property tax: Dhandari Kalan traders to pay Rs 4,500 per sq yard
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Industrialists having their units in Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, will now have to pay property tax at collector rate of Rs 4,500 per square yard instead of Rs 8,200 per square yard.
Members of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) said that the collector rate for all industrial properties in industrial area Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, was Rs 4,500 per square yard.
Rahul Ahuja, chairman of CII Ludhiana, said that they even got a stamped document from the Deputy Commissioner's office that in 2012-13, Rs 4,500 was the collector rate while the Municipal Corporation had asked everyone to pay on the basis of Rs 8,200 collector rate which is the price of commercial properties in that area.
Ahuja said that after having the signed document with them, industrialists have been advised to pay property tax as per the collector rate of industrial properties and the commercial sector should pay as per Rs 8,200 per square yard. This would reduce the tax slab for industrial properties, he added.
MC Commissioner Rahul Tewari says that every one can pay tax as per prevailing collector rate and through self- assessment. "In case more tax is paid by someone, we will refund it," he added.
Already Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had announced exemption of 25% on collector rate to deposit property tax and industrialists were told to pay property tax on 75% of the collector rate. Further, 10% more concession can be availed if the tax is paid till November 30. However, collector rate of Rs 4,500 per square yard is in Dhandari Kalan, phase 1-4, only and the remaining phases 5-8 have no mention in the revenue department.
Ahuja said, "Industrialists in the other phases should follow the same rule because even they have industrial properties. Hence, they must file tax at Rs 4,500 per square yard collector rate only."
- Terror accused wrongly jailed for 14 yrs, NHRC notices to Home Ministry, police
- SP hints no candidates against Sonia, Rahul
- In Hills, BJP gains GJM edge
- Delhi Police forms patrol teams to check pick-pocketing in Metro
- Two months to go and EC receives myriad complaints
- Maharashtra hailstorm hits crop worth Rs 5,000 cr
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress