Property tax zooms by 60% as AMC effects first hike in 10 yrs
- Parliament LIVE: Jaitley has promised concrete proposals on GST, says Chidambaram
- Kashmir violence -- Omar Abdullah interview: 'It has been building up to this'
- Baton Rouge shootings: Three officers killed, suspect dead
- Grading writers, artistes is new brainwave of Culture Ministry
- Reforms not because of Cong, in spite of it... credit goes to Rao-Singh: Arun Jaitley
n The AMC budget has a proposal to develop J P Chowk area as the "city square" at a cost of Rs 2 crore. State BJP headquarters falls in the area.
n Beautification projects in areas like the road from Cama Motors to Gujarat Samachar office and from Lucky Restaurant to Parsi buildings.
n Six new bridges at Helmet Junction, Hatkeshwar Circle, Shyamal Char Rasta, Anjali Char Rasta, Income Tax Circle, near Dinesh Chamber.
n Five new flyovers on 200-feet wide Ring Road on cross roads.
n Gota-Godhavi canal development on lines of Kharicut canal.
n Creating pay-and-park facilities on traffic triangles and open plots.
n New community centres and halls with kitchen facility to meet requirement for social occasions.
n APMC-like markets in east and new west zone areas.
n Widening of level crossings at Cadila, Sardar Gram, Paldi and Naranpura.
n Upgrading of water bodies in new west zone and east zone areas.
n Increasing subsidy to scheme under dust-free city campaign from 60:40 ratio to 80:20 ratio for all private societies, private roads, housing colonies and flats.
n Setting up mini power plants after approval from the standing committee on municipal sites.
n Nagar Darshan Yatra for senior citizens.
n New centre at V S Hospital for stem cell therapy.
n A state-level Woman Expo 2013 at Sabarmati riverfront.
n Development of main roads connecting Sardar Patel Ring Road.
Civic budget anti-people: Opposition
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people