- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A day before YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy was given bail by a CBI court, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu had predicted it. Talking to senior Left leaders in Delhi over the weekend, the TDP chief had expressed apprehension that Jagan was going to be released soon because Congress was trying to build bridges with him ahead of elections. It's a different matter that Naidu may not be very pleased to call it right this time.
Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran has told the government that it won't be possible for him to represent the Centre in the Ram Sethu matter as his father, senior advocate and Rajya Sabha MP K Parasaran, was appearing for one of the petitioners in the matter. However, many believe that the real reason for the eminent lawyer's recusal from the case is his firm belief in the existence of Lord Ram. In fact, when asked if he believed that Lord Ram had existed, Parasaran replied in the affirmative, adding it would be "awkward" for him to argue that "there's nothing irreligious in breaking Ram Sethu".
While BJP president Rajnath Singh and senior leader Ravi Shankar Prasad were not allowed to visit the riot-affected areas in Muzaffarnagar, the SP regime seems to be more obliging towards Congress leaders. While Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi had accompanied Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Muzaffarnagar recently, Union Minister Rehman Khan and Congress leader P L Punia are scheduled to visit the area on Tuesday. Although RLD chief Ajit Singh was also prevented from visiting the area, his son Jayant Chaudhary is "clandestinely" touring the area without the permission of the local administration.
OPTIONS ON TABLE
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif's meeting in New York may not be officially confirmed by New Delhi, but the protocol department is working out the details. One of the possibilities being considered is a breakfast meeting on September 29.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today