Prostitution ring busted, two held
- Bihar polls: EC issues notice to Rahul Gandhi, Amit Shah, Lalu Yadav
- Meet PM and give suggestions, don't return your awards: Rajnath
- Bihar elections: 57.59 per cent turnout in fourth phase, voting peaceful
- Modi has been worst victim of ideological intolerance: Arun Jaitley
- Indian police team reaches Bali to get Chhota Rajan deported
A prostitution racket was busted late Tuesday evening by Basti Jodhewal police resulting in the arrest of two girls and the kingpins. Police raided a house at Kuldeep Nagar and arrested Harpreet Kaur and Ravi Kumar and two girls who were involved in the racket. Both the girls belonged to New Delhi and had come to the city after Harpreet lured them with money. Ravi is son-in-law of Harpreet.
The raid was conducted after a secret tip-off. "We raided the spot and arrested two girls and the kingpin" said SHO Basti Jodhewal, Balwinder Singh. He said that both girls were 18 years of age.
Police have registered a case against the accused under immoral trafficking act.
- PM Modi admired globally, political opponents affecting India's image
- Protestors should have asked Kasuri questions. They have given him the high ground
- Bihar poll results will impact the Indian economy’s prospects
- Rear View: Judges versus politicians
- Across the aisle: The NJAC conundrum
- Fifth column: A clash of ideologies