Pro-Tamil outfit leader booked under NSA
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
A pro-Tamil outfit leader, who was arrested in connection with throwing of a burning wooden log inside the Income Tax office premises here on Oct 30, has been detained under the National Security Act, police said today.
Kolathur Mani, founder-leader of Dravidar Viduthalai Kazhagam, was arrested on Saturday last under provisions of the Public Property Damage Preventive Act and later remanded to judicial custody till November 11.
The detention order was served on Mani, who is lodged in the central prison here, yesterday.
Some activists belonging to the Kazhagam had allegedly thrown the burning log inside the premises of the IT office, protesting External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka later this month.