Pro-Tamil outfit leader booked under NSA
A pro-Tamil outfit leader, who was arrested in connection with throwing of a burning wooden log inside the Income Tax office premises here on Oct 30, has been detained under the National Security Act, police said today.
Kolathur Mani, founder-leader of Dravidar Viduthalai Kazhagam, was arrested on Saturday last under provisions of the Public Property Damage Preventive Act and later remanded to judicial custody till November 11.
The detention order was served on Mani, who is lodged in the central prison here, yesterday.
Some activists belonging to the Kazhagam had allegedly thrown the burning log inside the premises of the IT office, protesting External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid confirming his participation at the CHOGM in Sri Lanka later this month.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties