Pro-Telangana leaders seek Sushma Swaraj 's help for early statehood
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) leaders on Sunday urged Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj to help in early formation of separate Telangana.
"BJP has played its role in separate Telangana being realised. We requested her (Sushma Swaraj) that BJP show some initiative in implementation (of Congress' announcement) as well. She responded positively. She agreed that Telangana state should be formed as early as possible. She said she would help in this regard," JAC chairman M Kodandaram told reporters here.
BJP, which has been in the forefront of the separate Telangana struggle, is a constituent of the JAC. TRS and people's organisations like pro-Telangana unions of Andhra Pradesh government employees are other members of the JAC.
Addressing a pro-Telangana public meeting organised by BJP at Mahabubnagar near here on Saturday, Sushma set December as the deadline for Congress to get the Bill to carve out the separate state passed in Parliament or face the consequences.
"Development could be immediately kick-started in Telangana if the Bill for creation of the new state is passed in winter session...Congress would be "exposed" if it is not done," Swaraj said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18