Protester against rape dies after self-immolation
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
A 38-year old man, who set himself ablaze on the premises of a court in nearby Tirupur district protesting the increasing rape incidents in the country, died at a hospital here today.
Raju, running a tea shop, had attempted self-immolation at the court premises in Palladam on January 3, raising slogans against rape. He suffered third degree burns and was admitted to the government hospital here.
However, his condition worsened this morning and he died without responding to treatment, police said.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU