Protesters demand CBI probe
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Hundreds of protesters Friday gathered outside the district administrative complex here to demand CBI inquiry into the alleged kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl from Faridkot in September.
Accusing the state government of "shielding" the main accused, 19-year-old Nishan Singh due to his political connections, the protesters, including members of at least 17 farmer organisations and nearly 30 other establishments, demanded CBI inquiry into the matter. They also accused the state government of preventing the girl from reuniting with her parents.
"We have planned a massive protest in front of Nari Niketan on November 18 seeking custody of the girl and a CBI inquiry into the case," said Raj Kumar, the girl's uncle.