Protesters hand out bangles to police
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
People gathered at the Rashtrapati Bhawan on Saturday voiced their protest in various ways. Protesters hurled coins, bottles, shoes, mud and even plants at police personnel.
Some of the protesters climbed poles along Rajpath, carrying placards which read: "Be a man, don't rape", "Just because I show my legs, doesn't mean I'll spread them".
One of the placards read: "You raped her because her clothes provoked you? I should break your face, your stupidity provokes me."
While many shouted slogans, 40-year-old Sunita Mewati, who had come to protest with her daughter and husband, said: "I don't believe in a violent protest. One has to explain things to the government. People keep sitting at home. Unless you get out, there will be no pressure on the government"