Providing girl's photo to boy's family for marriage not allowed: Darul Uloom Deoband
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has said that providing the photograph of a girl to boy's family for marriage purpose is not allowed under Islamic law.
In a fatwa issued yesterday, the seminary said providing photo of a girl to boy's family for fixing wedding is against Shariat law.
However, using photos for only essential purposes was allowed, it said.
The fatwa was issued in response to a question posed by a Muslim girl. The girl had asked if a photo can be send through an e-mail to boy's family for selection for marriage.