Providing girl's photo to boy's family for marriage not allowed: Darul Uloom Deoband
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- Naveen Patnaik: The survivor
- Elections 2014 Live: Narendra Modi to address Chennai rally in first of many in Tamil Nadu
Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband has said that providing the photograph of a girl to boy's family for marriage purpose is not allowed under Islamic law.
In a fatwa issued yesterday, the seminary said providing photo of a girl to boy's family for fixing wedding is against Shariat law.
However, using photos for only essential purposes was allowed, it said.
The fatwa was issued in response to a question posed by a Muslim girl. The girl had asked if a photo can be send through an e-mail to boy's family for selection for marriage.