PSEB ex-chairman dies at 90
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
N S Vasant, former chairman of the Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB) died on Tuesday in New Delhi. He was 90. Vasant, who was the brain behind setting up thermal power plants at Ropar and Lehra Mohabat, had closely monitored the construction of the Ropar thermal plant. Hydro generation from Mukerian hydel plant was also among Vasant's contribution to Punjab.
Two ATM thefts in Karnal in 1 week
Chandigarh: A woman on Tuesday was duped of Rs 49,500 while withdrawing the same from a ATM in Karnal. This is the second such incident in the last one week on the Mall Road. The Karnal police, which has released the CCTV grab of both the instances, where the faces of the accused can be seen, has appealed to the people to provide details about the culprits. On December 6, another Karnal resident was allegedly duped of Rs 50,000 at a SBI ATM on the same road.