PSEB ex-chairman dies at 90
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
N S Vasant, former chairman of the Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB) died on Tuesday in New Delhi. He was 90. Vasant, who was the brain behind setting up thermal power plants at Ropar and Lehra Mohabat, had closely monitored the construction of the Ropar thermal plant. Hydro generation from Mukerian hydel plant was also among Vasant's contribution to Punjab.
Two ATM thefts in Karnal in 1 week
Chandigarh: A woman on Tuesday was duped of Rs 49,500 while withdrawing the same from a ATM in Karnal. This is the second such incident in the last one week on the Mall Road. The Karnal police, which has released the CCTV grab of both the instances, where the faces of the accused can be seen, has appealed to the people to provide details about the culprits. On December 6, another Karnal resident was allegedly duped of Rs 50,000 at a SBI ATM on the same road.