PSEB ex-chairman dies at 90
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- âNo one heard my side of story, I decided to go with familyâ
N S Vasant, former chairman of the Punjab State Electricity Board (PSEB) died on Tuesday in New Delhi. He was 90. Vasant, who was the brain behind setting up thermal power plants at Ropar and Lehra Mohabat, had closely monitored the construction of the Ropar thermal plant. Hydro generation from Mukerian hydel plant was also among Vasant's contribution to Punjab.
Two ATM thefts in Karnal in 1 week
Chandigarh: A woman on Tuesday was duped of Rs 49,500 while withdrawing the same from a ATM in Karnal. This is the second such incident in the last one week on the Mall Road. The Karnal police, which has released the CCTV grab of both the instances, where the faces of the accused can be seen, has appealed to the people to provide details about the culprits. On December 6, another Karnal resident was allegedly duped of Rs 50,000 at a SBI ATM on the same road.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight