PSO told Namdhari to change pistol code, not leave any ammo trace: Police
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Probe officers plan joint interrogation of duo to figure if Tyagi knew of plan to kill Hardeep
The Delhi Police on Tuesday told a city court that sacked chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi were part of a conspiracy that led to the killing of Hardeep Chadha, brother of liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty.
Ponty and Hardeep were killed in a gunfight at their Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
Police have booked Namdhari for the murder of Hardeep and Tyagi has been arrested for criminal conspiracy in the shootout and trespassing at the farmhouse.Tyagi was produced before the court and remanded in three-day police custody.
Police told court that Tyagi has confessed to being part of the conspiracy hatched by Ponty and Namdhari to take possession of the farmhouse. The conspiracy has resulted in the death of Ponty and Hardeep, police told court.
Police said Namdhari and Tyagi killed Hardeep in cold blood and later claimed it was an act of self-defence.
According to police, Tyagi also conspired to tamper with Namdhari's pistol used in the shootout. Police said Tyagi handed over this crucial piece of evidence to Satnam, Ponty's aide, who has also been arrested.
The court said interrogation was required to unearth the sequence of events, consequences of the crime and for the recovery of weapons used in the crime.
Investigating officers said they would conduct a joint interrogation to ascertain if Tyagi was aware of Namdhari's plan to kill Hardeep.
"We know for sure that Tyagi, in connivance with Namdhari, barged into the farmhouse, which was occupied by Hardeep's men on the day of the shootout. About the murder, it appears that there was no threat to their life and both of them fired the shots intentionally. Even if Namdhari's bullets resulted in the death of Hardeep, it is clear that Tyagi attempted the murder of Hardeep. This is the basis of our investigation. The ballistic report will confirm the source of the bullets, which punctured Hardeep's body," an investigating officer said.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit