PSO told Namdhari to change pistol code, not leave any ammo trace: Police
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Probe officers plan joint interrogation of duo to figure if Tyagi knew of plan to kill Hardeep
The Delhi Police on Tuesday told a city court that sacked chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi were part of a conspiracy that led to the killing of Hardeep Chadha, brother of liquor baron Gurdeep Singh Chadha alias Ponty.
Ponty and Hardeep were killed in a gunfight at their Chhattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
Police have booked Namdhari for the murder of Hardeep and Tyagi has been arrested for criminal conspiracy in the shootout and trespassing at the farmhouse.Tyagi was produced before the court and remanded in three-day police custody.
Police told court that Tyagi has confessed to being part of the conspiracy hatched by Ponty and Namdhari to take possession of the farmhouse. The conspiracy has resulted in the death of Ponty and Hardeep, police told court.
Police said Namdhari and Tyagi killed Hardeep in cold blood and later claimed it was an act of self-defence.
According to police, Tyagi also conspired to tamper with Namdhari's pistol used in the shootout. Police said Tyagi handed over this crucial piece of evidence to Satnam, Ponty's aide, who has also been arrested.
The court said interrogation was required to unearth the sequence of events, consequences of the crime and for the recovery of weapons used in the crime.
Investigating officers said they would conduct a joint interrogation to ascertain if Tyagi was aware of Namdhari's plan to kill Hardeep.
"We know for sure that Tyagi, in connivance with Namdhari, barged into the farmhouse, which was occupied by Hardeep's men on the day of the shootout. About the murder, it appears that there was no threat to their life and both of them fired the shots intentionally. Even if Namdhari's bullets resulted in the death of Hardeep, it is clear that Tyagi attempted the murder of Hardeep. This is the basis of our investigation. The ballistic report will confirm the source of the bullets, which punctured Hardeep's body," an investigating officer said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today