PSOs detained, ‘eyewitness’ says Hardeep fired first
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
One of the bullets apparently pierced the bonnet of the Land Cruiser which Ponty was in. A few bullets reportedly fired by Tyagi also hit the two sides of the wall bordering the main gate.
Ponty suffered 12 bullet wounds while Hardeep was shot four times. Narender, Ponty's guard, was seriously injured and underwent surgery.
A police official said the immediate trigger for Saturday's incident was Ponty using black ink to erase Hardeep's name from the nameplate outside the farmhouse. Just minutes before Hardeep reportedly fired at Ponty, he spoke to his lawyer and informed him that Ponty had barged inside the farmhouse illegally.
"We are waiting for the postmortem report to verify the statement of Namdhari and other statements," said a police official.
On Saturday afternoon, SSP, Chandigarh police headquarters, came to the Mehrauli police station to get details about the Punjab Police personnel. The latter have reportedly said that Ponty's security was inside the farmhouse since 10 in the morning. Hardeep's personnel claim they did not fire a single shot.
A team of the Uttarakhand Police has also come to New Delhi to collect details on Namdhari's guard Tyagi. Uttarakhand DGP Satyabrat Bansal said Tyagi had been with Namdhari since 2010.
While only three weapons have been made case properties, weapons belonging to the six PSOs of Ponty and Hardeep have also been taken into custody. Besides, the police have confiscated the hockey sticks recovered from the farmhouse.
The three Chadha brothers — Ponty, Hardeep and Rajinder — were jointly managing the Rs 6,000-crore Wave Inc, formerly Chadha Group, which has diverse business interests in fields ranging from distilleries, multiplexes, sugar to paper mills.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today