PSUs, insurance firms face tough time in consumer fora in 2012
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
While a local eatery was made by a consumer forum to cough up Rs 20,000 as fine and compensation to a customer for serving her 'sambar' having a dead lizard in it, ITC-Welcome Group was ordered to pay Rs 15,000 to a passenger as compensation for serving him "stale food" at its IGI Airport lounge and making him fall ill after its consumption.
Even auto giants were not spared with Maruti Udyog Ltd being asked by a district consumer forum to pay Rs 1 lakh to one of its customers as compensation for "inducing" him to buy a car through misleading advertisements on its mileage.
Luxury car manufacturer Skoda was directed by the Delhi State Consumer Commission to pay one of its car buyers Rs 20.17 lakh, including compensation of Rs 2.5 lakh, for selling him a defective car.