PTU DEPs approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee
- Attempt was made to assassinate Bal Thackeray: David Headley
- Won't campaign in upcoming Assembly polls: Kanhaiya Kumar
- Ind vs Ban: MS Dhoni sprints, Men in Blue win in photo finish
- Brussels Attack: Three suicide bombers identified, police hunt fourth
- Everyone must chant 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai', amend law: Baba Ramdev
Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar has been accorded approval by 'UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee' for all programs being offered through Distance Education Mode in its 35th meeting held on 10th March 2010 at New Delhi.
It has been specified in the decision that Distance Education and Online Education 'cannot have boundaries or state jurisdiction and therefore these programs should be offered as per the ACT and statues of the University.
The ministry of HRD through Gazette notification No.44 dated March 1, 1995 had stated that all the qualifications awarded through Distance Education by the Universities stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment in Central Government offices and for all purposes of Higher Education, provided it has been approved by Distance Education Council.
Lately, for better coordination between the statuary bodies of higher education, primarily, DEC, UGC and AICTE, MHRD formed a "Joint committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE". It was announced that it is mandatory to take prior approval from Joint Committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE to offer programs in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode and had asked all Universities offering ODL programs to submit a fresh application for approval.
A high powered 'Expert Committee' consisting of members nominated by UGC, AICTE, and DEC visited the PTU Campus on 27th July 2009. Based on the recommendations of the expert committee the Joint Committee has accorded approval to PTU for next 3 academic years.
Punjab Technical University, a state Technical University, is recognized by UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University has a base of over 3 lakh students and offers Post Graduate, Degree and Diploma programs in 10 disciplines.
The disciplines include IT, Management, Mass Communication, Biotechnology, Apparel & Fashion Design, Hospitality and Journalism. PTU affiliates 288 regular colleges and has a network of over 1600 learning centers across India.
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations
- Impeachment motion against Dilma Rousseff is just one strand of crisis in Brazil
- To become a nation, you don’t need one language or one religion
- Disaster-conscious planning is helping India better prepare for natural calamities
- Telescope: Brussels, after Paris
- Veterans of the Assam Movement now fight polls. But the bitterness and the issues linger on