PTU DEPs approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar has been accorded approval by 'UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee' for all programs being offered through Distance Education Mode in its 35th meeting held on 10th March 2010 at New Delhi.
It has been specified in the decision that Distance Education and Online Education 'cannot have boundaries or state jurisdiction and therefore these programs should be offered as per the ACT and statues of the University.
The ministry of HRD through Gazette notification No.44 dated March 1, 1995 had stated that all the qualifications awarded through Distance Education by the Universities stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment in Central Government offices and for all purposes of Higher Education, provided it has been approved by Distance Education Council.
Lately, for better coordination between the statuary bodies of higher education, primarily, DEC, UGC and AICTE, MHRD formed a "Joint committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE". It was announced that it is mandatory to take prior approval from Joint Committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE to offer programs in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode and had asked all Universities offering ODL programs to submit a fresh application for approval.
A high powered 'Expert Committee' consisting of members nominated by UGC, AICTE, and DEC visited the PTU Campus on 27th July 2009. Based on the recommendations of the expert committee the Joint Committee has accorded approval to PTU for next 3 academic years.
Punjab Technical University, a state Technical University, is recognized by UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University has a base of over 3 lakh students and offers Post Graduate, Degree and Diploma programs in 10 disciplines.
The disciplines include IT, Management, Mass Communication, Biotechnology, Apparel & Fashion Design, Hospitality and Journalism. PTU affiliates 288 regular colleges and has a network of over 1600 learning centers across India.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?