PTU DEPs approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar has been accorded approval by 'UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee' for all programs being offered through Distance Education Mode in its 35th meeting held on 10th March 2010 at New Delhi.
It has been specified in the decision that Distance Education and Online Education 'cannot have boundaries or state jurisdiction and therefore these programs should be offered as per the ACT and statues of the University.
The ministry of HRD through Gazette notification No.44 dated March 1, 1995 had stated that all the qualifications awarded through Distance Education by the Universities stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment in Central Government offices and for all purposes of Higher Education, provided it has been approved by Distance Education Council.
Lately, for better coordination between the statuary bodies of higher education, primarily, DEC, UGC and AICTE, MHRD formed a "Joint committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE". It was announced that it is mandatory to take prior approval from Joint Committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE to offer programs in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode and had asked all Universities offering ODL programs to submit a fresh application for approval.
A high powered 'Expert Committee' consisting of members nominated by UGC, AICTE, and DEC visited the PTU Campus on 27th July 2009. Based on the recommendations of the expert committee the Joint Committee has accorded approval to PTU for next 3 academic years.
Punjab Technical University, a state Technical University, is recognized by UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University has a base of over 3 lakh students and offers Post Graduate, Degree and Diploma programs in 10 disciplines.
The disciplines include IT, Management, Mass Communication, Biotechnology, Apparel & Fashion Design, Hospitality and Journalism. PTU affiliates 288 regular colleges and has a network of over 1600 learning centers across India.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness