PTU DEPs approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee
- Reliance Jio 4G services launched: Voice calls to be free for ever, data at Rs 50 per GB
- Reliance Jio 4G data rates start at Rs 50 for 1GB
- Sandeep Kumar's first reaction after being sacked: I am paying the price for being a Dalit
- To get all approvals before April 1, PM Narendra Modi clears early Budget
- MEA confirms 13 Indians tested positive for Zika virus in Singapore
Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar has been accorded approval by 'UGC-AICTE-DEC joint Committee' for all programs being offered through Distance Education Mode in its 35th meeting held on 10th March 2010 at New Delhi.
It has been specified in the decision that Distance Education and Online Education 'cannot have boundaries or state jurisdiction and therefore these programs should be offered as per the ACT and statues of the University.
The ministry of HRD through Gazette notification No.44 dated March 1, 1995 had stated that all the qualifications awarded through Distance Education by the Universities stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment in Central Government offices and for all purposes of Higher Education, provided it has been approved by Distance Education Council.
Lately, for better coordination between the statuary bodies of higher education, primarily, DEC, UGC and AICTE, MHRD formed a "Joint committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE". It was announced that it is mandatory to take prior approval from Joint Committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE to offer programs in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode and had asked all Universities offering ODL programs to submit a fresh application for approval.
A high powered 'Expert Committee' consisting of members nominated by UGC, AICTE, and DEC visited the PTU Campus on 27th July 2009. Based on the recommendations of the expert committee the Joint Committee has accorded approval to PTU for next 3 academic years.
Punjab Technical University, a state Technical University, is recognized by UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The University has a base of over 3 lakh students and offers Post Graduate, Degree and Diploma programs in 10 disciplines.
The disciplines include IT, Management, Mass Communication, Biotechnology, Apparel & Fashion Design, Hospitality and Journalism. PTU affiliates 288 regular colleges and has a network of over 1600 learning centers across India.
- It’s a different Middle East, but Modi and Sisi need to reclaim the legacy of Nehru and Nasser
- Haji Ali will be reference point for similar cases involving rights of Muslim women
- A Jain monk in Haryana Vidhan Sabha raises issues of propriety and sanctity
- Unlicensed and illegal slaughterhouses present a municipal governance problem
- Ramdev is a major TV advertiser. He also makes news
- Who wants Prevention of Corruption Act amended, and why, is the question