PU hikes scholarships of students, perks of teachers
- Dalit student suicide: Protests erupt in Hyd, Cong demands sacking of Dattatreya, Irani
- Behind Dalit student suicide: how his campus showed him the door
- SC restrains Centre from disinvesting further shares in Hindustan Zinc in favour of Vedanta
- Ganga projects: Uma Bharti objects but Prakash Javadekar rejects
- Grieving Mehbooba Mufti introduces brother to party, politics
The Panjab University (PU) has enhanced the monthly stipend or scholarships from Rs 500 to Rs 2,000 for MA-I and MA-II classes' students in the Department of Indian Theatre.
Five students from each of the two classes will be given this stipend.
This decision was taken at a meeting of the PU Board of Finance held here on Friday.
The Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover presided over the meeting. The Board also decided to provide a merit scholarship of Rs 1,000 per month to toppers of general and SC category students of first year, second year, third year and fourth year in BCom LL B five year integrated course at University Institute of Legal Studies.
It has also been decided to increase monthly stipend on account of Rotatory Internship to the students, who have passed the BDS (four years) course from Rs 6,000 to Rs 9,000 from Dr H S Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital.
The board has also enhanced the financial assistance to university teachers for attending conferences, workshop, seminars or symposiums within the country as per their entitlement by way of rail, bus or air from Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 in a financial year.
The authorities further decided to extend the benefit of maternity leave (with pay) to the female contractual employees working in the varsity.
This benefit will not be extended to female employees who have three or more living children. The board also resolved the issue regarding fixation of pay of readers or lecturers (Selection Grade) selected or promoted after January 1, 1996. The minutes of the committee meeting held on May 9 were considered and approved.
PU also approved the creation of one post of security officer (female) and allowing the filling up of one post of assistant security officer (female) against a vacant post.
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar
- Raja-Mandala: Re-imagining the Middle East
- My birth is my fatal accident
- Yes, Delhi, it worked
- Reduction in interest burden could prevent more companies heading towards bankruptcy