PU to install 40 CCTV cameras
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Taking lessons from an incident wherein a 23-year old girl was raped in Delhi and later succumbed to injuries, the Panjab University is gear up to install 40 more closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras on the campus to keep a strict vigil on the anti-social elements and to avoid unforeseen circumstances.
It is learnt that the varsity would also see the recruitment of 80 security personnel on the posts which were laying vacant since years. A total of 359 security personnel are working on the campus against the sanctioned strength of 439.
At present over 60 CCTV cameras are installed on the campus. Though the proposal of installing 40 more CCTV cameras on the campus was in pipeline since past one year, now when scores of incidents related to rape, eve teasing and sexual harassment came into limelight, the varsity authorities have decided to overhaul the security system exiting on the campus. Already a meeting on the concerned issue was convened by the Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover on Tuesday which was attended by chief Security officer P K Dhawan and other authorities.