Public transport best option to reach CWG venues
- Historic moment, ISRO successfully launches 20 satellites from Sriharikota
- After Raghuram Rajan exit, Swamy now targets CEA Arvind Subramanian
- Will bring tapping to Supreme Court notice, make it part of Essar leaks case: Prashant Bhushan
- Same bike, weapon used for killing Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare, says CBI
- No more Rail Budget? Niti Ayog note to PMO terms it as 'failed' exercise
Public transport is the best option for those headed towards Commonwealth Games venues here with the government and police warning spectators about traffic restrictions and limited parking space.
Delhi Metro and Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) have made elaborate arrangements by increasing train frequency and opening focal points from where buses will be available to reach venues.
City Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal has appealed to people to use public transport during the Games. "I personally prefer Delhi Metro. But arrangements on roads are also equally good. Metro has its own advantage," he said.
The DTC has identified 32 focal points all across the National Capital Region from where low-floor buses will be operated providing direct destination-oriented service to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium for opening and closing ceremony.
It includes Shahdara, Anand Vihar, Seemapuri, Uttam Nagar, Dwarka Sector-10, Azadpur, Najafgarh, Shahbad Dairy, Vasant Kunj, Mukherjee Nagar, Mehrauli, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh, Greater Noida and Noida Sector-62. DTC will also provide direction oriented bus services to venues during the next fortnight. "We have identified five
hubs which will be connected with all venues," an official said.
The five hubs are Anand Vihar ISBT, Kashmere Gate ISBT, Shivaji Stadium Terminal, Dhaula Kuan and Nehru Place, the official said.
The shuttle services of Metro can also be used to reach venues. From Indraprastha station, one can go to Indira Gandhi stadium, Jor Bagh to Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, Tuglaqabad to Karni Shooting Range, Udyog Bhavan to National Stadium, Green Park to Siri Fort, Patel Chowk to Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium. R K Ashram Marg to Talkatora, Karkardooma to Yamuna Sports Complex and Hauz Khaz to R K Khanna stadium.
On Metro network, trains will run at an average frequency of 2.5 minutes. It has also deployed engineers from Germany and South Korea to ensure no technical glitches take place besides setting up information desks to help commuters.
- EU referendum: Days of unmaking
- Ability to say no and to live happily with the consequences makes Rajan unique
- There’s no such thing as free water
- The relationship between RBI governor and the government has to be healthy, collaborative and mutually respectful
- Previous judicial pronouncements suggest AAP MLAs may be on a safe wicket
- For the youth, Raghuram Rajan created a novel space and owned it