PUDA reviews process for regularisation of illegal colonies
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA), on Thursday, reviewed the process of regularisation of illegal colonies and marriage venues in the state.
Also, instructions were issued to District Town Planners and Estate Officers in field offices that applications for regularisation of houses or colonies, accompanied with the prescribed fees, may be accepted.
According to the department, it has been observed thousands of plot holders in illegal colonies and a number of promoters of such colonies have come forward to get their houses and colonies regularised. The necessary documents or enclosures can be accepted at higher rates even after the due date.