Pulse Polio drive on Jan 20 and Feb 24 to cover 47.61 lakh kids
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
N D Deshmukh, district health officer, said 3,976 vaccination booths will be set up and 9,873 personnel deputed along with 795 supervisors to carry out the immunisation programme
An estimated 47.61 lakh children below the age of five will be administered oral polio vaccine during the Pulse Polio campaigns in Pune district on January 20 and February 24.
Addressing the media, district health officer Dr N D Deshmukh said as many as 3,976 vaccination booths would be set up and 9,873 personnel deputed along with 795 supervisors to carry out the immunisation programme.
With the focus on migrant population, as many as 242 mobile booths and 215 transit booths will also be set up to cover 1,912 villages in the district.
There has been no case of polio since 2011 in Maharashtra. From 419 polio cases in 1994, the number of cases came down to nil in 2009. However, in 2010 five new cases were detected. But constant vigilance and efforts across the state and districts for the past two years brought down the number back to nil.
As part of the campaign, two teams will also be set up to conduct door-to-door visits after January 20 to ensure that no child is missed during the campaign. At least five lakh slips will be issued in a special door-to-door drive from January 16-19 to convince parents to get their children to immunization booths near their homes.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota