Pulwama: NC slams Army over firing
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Reacting to last week's Army firing at civilians in Pulwama, the National Conference party toughened its stance against the Army. The party termed the incident as highly unacceptable and sought an impartial probe of the incident.
"There should be an impartial probe in the incident and we demand harshest punishment to anyone responsible" National Conference (NC) spokesman Tanvir Sadiq said.
He said, "An institution that has brought laurels to the country should learn from its past mistakes that one wrong move can bring the state back to boil," adding that under the garb of Armed Forces Special Powers Act, the Army cannot go on doing what it wants. The Peoples Democratic Party criticised the government for creating an atmosphere of terror in the area.