Pune archers power Maharashtra win
- Rahul seeks âlegal accountabilityâ for 2002, disputes Modi âclean chitâ
- Workdays: MNREGS short of even halfway mark
- Probe zeroes in on pilots, hunt widens to land
- Modi vs him: Kejriwal to wait for Varanasiâs voice
- Back home after serving time for 1993 blasts, 82-yr-old grateful for âsupportâ
Pune archers took home 11 gold medals, eight silver and eight bronze medals from the meet
Arrows shot by Pune archers were instrumental in catapulting Maharashtra to overall champions at the the Fifth Mini Sub-junior National Archery Championship recently in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Maharashtra archers who rarely missed the bull's eye in an event that had 3,500 archers from the country won 35 medals, and more than two-thirds of them were bagged by Pune archers.
Pune archers took home 11 gold medals, eight silver and eight bronze medals from the meet that also saw Muskan Bishnoi, Aniha Shah, Jay Khandelwal, Megha Agarwal, Tanish Lulla and Vaishnavi Borkar, who train at the Archers Academy in the city, getting the tag of national camp probables.
Muskan Bishnoi and Aniha Shah stood out. While Muskan took gold in the 50m, 20m and 30m events and silver in 40m event, Aniha won gold in the 40m event, and silver in the 50m, 20m and 30m events.