Pune Bar Association launches website
- Bulandshahr gangrape: Minor victim moves SC, seeks FIR against Azam Khan
- NSG row behind them, Chinese FM Wang Yi holds talks with PM Modi, Sushma Swaraj
- Behind attack on BJP leader Brijpal Teotia: 8 murders & a plot
- Appointment of judges: Break logjam soon or we will step in, CJI tells govt
- Sania Mirza-Rohan Bopanna one win away from Rio 2016 Olympics medal
Newly-appointed Pune district judge Madan Joshi appealed to the lawyers to become internet-savvy and make optimum use of the Pune Bar Association's (PBA) website www.punebarassociation.com that was launched by him on Thursday. It is probably the first bar association in Maharashtra to launch its own portal.
" It is a commendable attempt by the PBA to launch its own website that will be of help to the lawyers and public at large. This website could be eventually linked with other portals that give information about various law journals," Joshi said, who took charge on May 5, after which the court closed for summer vacation and reopened on Monday. He was officially welcomed and felicitated by the PBA on Thursday.
The PBA website would eventually have contact numbers and addresses of all members of PBA, compilation process of which is going on. It also has information about the other courts in the city like -labour, industrial, family, cooperatives, consumer and others, said Milind Pawar, president, PBA. He added that the web portal will have details of important cases being heard in the Pune district court. The PBA will be opening its membership soon and an updated list of members will also be available on the portal.
As part of the function, Pawar apprised the association's activities to the district judge. "The six bar rooms that are currently available are inadequate considering the increase in number of new lawyers. Also, the canteen facility in the court premises need improvement," he said. Pawar requested the judge to look into these matters and extend his cooperation to bring about improvements in the court premises.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov