Pune Bar Association launches website
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Newly-appointed Pune district judge Madan Joshi appealed to the lawyers to become internet-savvy and make optimum use of the Pune Bar Association's (PBA) website www.punebarassociation.com that was launched by him on Thursday. It is probably the first bar association in Maharashtra to launch its own portal.
" It is a commendable attempt by the PBA to launch its own website that will be of help to the lawyers and public at large. This website could be eventually linked with other portals that give information about various law journals," Joshi said, who took charge on May 5, after which the court closed for summer vacation and reopened on Monday. He was officially welcomed and felicitated by the PBA on Thursday.
The PBA website would eventually have contact numbers and addresses of all members of PBA, compilation process of which is going on. It also has information about the other courts in the city like -labour, industrial, family, cooperatives, consumer and others, said Milind Pawar, president, PBA. He added that the web portal will have details of important cases being heard in the Pune district court. The PBA will be opening its membership soon and an updated list of members will also be available on the portal.
As part of the function, Pawar apprised the association's activities to the district judge. "The six bar rooms that are currently available are inadequate considering the increase in number of new lawyers. Also, the canteen facility in the court premises need improvement," he said. Pawar requested the judge to look into these matters and extend his cooperation to bring about improvements in the court premises.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s multilateral moment
- The politics of peace
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner