Pune FC add winger DíSouza to their ranks
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Pune FC have added Goan Anthony D'Souza to their line-up for the coming 2013-14 season.
Known for his skill and knack for goals, D'Souza fits the youth-first philosophy Pune FC adopted for building their squad.
Pune FC's head of operations, Chirag Tanna said, "We have been tracking Anthony for a couple of years and are delighted to have signed him."
Siolim-based D'Souza joins Pune FC after spending last season at Salgaocar FC, where he lit up the 2012 Federation Cup, scoring in each of the three group games in Jamshedpur. As a result, he ended up being the top scoring Indian in the group-stage and the second top-scoring Indian in the tournament.
Interestingly, it was D'Souza's winning strike in the final group-game that dashed Pune FC's hopes in the tournament.
After signing the contract, D'Souza said, "It's a new challenge and I am ready for it. Honestly, I have never been out of the state (Goa) to play. I am ready to work hard."
Before last season, the winger was a regular and key member of the Sporting Clube de Goa squad.
A product of Sesa Football Academy, D'Souza initially spent the 2007-08 season at local Goan club Velsao Pale before making the move to Salgaocar FC.