Pune FC aim to bounce back, douse the Flaming Oranje
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Pune FC will look to put on a far better show than the last round when they take on Sporting Clube Goa in the I-League at Nehru Stadium, Fatorda-Goa, on Tuesday.
Having settled for a point with United Sikkim SC at home, Pune FC is desperate to get back to winning ways. Pune FC Coach Derrick Pereira said, "The players need to pull up their socks and put on a better performance. They need to work as a team." With hardly any time to work on their shortfalls owing to the tight schedule of the league, Pune FC on Monday evening had a long team meeting after a stretching session hours after arrival.
Pune FC's Goan rivals, meanwhile, will be out for this Round-8 encounter on similar lines after having lost to Pailan Arrows at home.
In the given situation, Pune FC will be hoping for South Sudan striker James Moga, who figured in the Sporting Goa team last season, to come good. Likewise, Jeje Lalpekhlua (2), Chika Wali, Arata Izumi and Douhou Pierre have netted against Sporting in the past, which should give the coach hope in the form of the experience they possess.
Sporting virtually boast of the same squad as last season, barring the two foreigners Japanese Sugishita and Nigerian Obiora, and thus Moga can be the vital link for Pune FC.
However, their talisman Ogba Kalu and in-form Indian striker Dawson Fernandes (each with two goals apiece in the league to their name) will be the key-men. Pune FC will have to keep tabs on. Kalu netted goals in both the games last season between the two sides too, while Dawson also got a goal at Fatorda.
Pune FC Coach opined, "So far they seem to be still in a building up process situation. We have a job on hand and will stick to that."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express