Pune FC exit Durand Cup with a 1-1 draw
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Pune Football Club ended their campaign in the 125th Durand Cup by playing out a 1-1 draw with Sesa Goa FA at the Ambedkar Stadium. New Delhi.
Needing a win to progress into the semifinals, the result forced Pune FC to finish second in Group-II with two (2) points allowing Sesa FA (4 points) to move into the semifinals.
Pune FC had themselves to blame for making an exit. After taking the lead when striker Jeje Lalpekhlua (90+2') sneaked the ball home, Sesa FA in a matter of three minutes leveled through Chukwudi Chukwuma. With hot humid conditions to negotiate, Pune FC all through the day probed the Sesa half and created half chances. Subash Singh set the ball rolling early. Following a long diagonal by Anas Edathodika the striker on the right delivered well only to have the Sesa 'keeper punch ahead of Jeje. Pune FC showed urgency and were also casual at times going ahead. Arata Izumi was flagged for off-side twice. Medio Mumtaz Akthar tried to find his strikers, but was long and into the keeper. Karma Tsewang made some good runs on the right but his delivery across always remained long.
Karma then stole the ball from the opponent on the 25-yards out but failed to capatalise.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today