Pune FC look to rub salt into Baganís wounds
- PM Modi breaks silence on Raghuram Rajan's reappointment, says it shouldn't be of media's interest
- Kejriwal, Nitish witnesses Mamata's oath-taking ceremony at Kolkata's Red Road
- US asks Pakistan to cooperate with India on 26/11 probe
- Even if we could benefit from polarisation, we wouldn’t want to derive such benefits: Rajnath Singh
- Opinion: Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
Pune FC, however, cannot take their opponents lightly. Bagan has a strong force, which includes India international Nirmal Chhetri, Aibor Khongjee and former India defender Mehrajuddin Wadoo. The midfield also boasts of a strong line-up in the form of India midfielder Jewel Raja, experienced playmaker Denson Devadas with winger Snehasis Chakraborty ready to bomb down the flanks. Bagan will miss the services of Biswajit Saha, who serves a one-match suspension after his sending off against Dempo SC.
"Playing Mohun Bagan for any player is a motivation, which should automatically urge them once out on the field," said Perreira. "I have told the players to play as per plan and also urged them to enjoy the gift God has given them and put their best foot forward," he added.
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating
- After the initial euphoria, Modi government has created widespread despondency
- Fixing the learning deficit requires a lot more than right kind of tracking technology
- The problem begins with the way we define “urban” and “rural”
- Modi govt’s backward-looking instincts pulls down its forward-looking mission
- Judge-population ratio is not the apt parameter to determine judiciary’s strength