Pune FC show they can do no wrong in Goa
- Congolese youth murder: Sushma steps in, says govt committed to safety of African nationals
- Bihar: Five arrested in murder case of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan
- LIVE: Pinarayi Vijayan all set to be sworn-in as Kerala chief minister
- Govt clearances faster but lack of promoter interest stalls projects
- Demand-driven boost to economy rides on rains, rural income, pay panel award
Pune FC continued their fine run in Goa with a 2-0 win over Salgaocar FC in an I-League 2012-13 Round 10 encounter at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Fatorda.
The victory was thanks to substitute Khanthang Paite's second half double-strike (64th, 78th minute) which handed Pune FC their fifth win of the season.
The three points helped Pune FC climb to 4th position with their tally of 17 points.
In the first half, Pune FC pushed deep and Gurjinder Kumar almost scored, but for a timely block by defender Agustin. Subash Singh, on the right, cut back on the edge of the box and released a pass that allowed Gurjinder a shot, which produced a corner.
Pune FC finally broke the deadlock in the second half through substitute Khantang Paite, who had come in place of Subash Singh.
Moga burned Agustin for pace and released a crisp square pass, which Paite intelligently sneaked into the far corner ahead of Rahul Kumar's challenge.
Coach Derrick Pereira brought on Jeje Lalpekhlua for Daisuke and he did well within five minutes with a powerful try from outside the penalty box, which the keeper scrambled to save.
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism