Pune FC show they can do no wrong in Goa
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Pune FC continued their fine run in Goa with a 2-0 win over Salgaocar FC in an I-League 2012-13 Round 10 encounter at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Fatorda.
The victory was thanks to substitute Khanthang Paite's second half double-strike (64th, 78th minute) which handed Pune FC their fifth win of the season.
The three points helped Pune FC climb to 4th position with their tally of 17 points.
In the first half, Pune FC pushed deep and Gurjinder Kumar almost scored, but for a timely block by defender Agustin. Subash Singh, on the right, cut back on the edge of the box and released a pass that allowed Gurjinder a shot, which produced a corner.
Pune FC finally broke the deadlock in the second half through substitute Khantang Paite, who had come in place of Subash Singh.
Moga burned Agustin for pace and released a crisp square pass, which Paite intelligently sneaked into the far corner ahead of Rahul Kumar's challenge.
Coach Derrick Pereira brought on Jeje Lalpekhlua for Daisuke and he did well within five minutes with a powerful try from outside the penalty box, which the keeper scrambled to save.
A minute later against the run of play, Paite gave Pune FC a 2-0 advantage as he neatly headed a well measured pass home with the Salgaocar defence caught on the wrong foot with the cross supplied by the hardworking Karma Tsewang from the right.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today