Pune FC show they can do no wrong in Goa
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Pune FC continued their fine run in Goa with a 2-0 win over Salgaocar FC in an I-League 2012-13 Round 10 encounter at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Fatorda.
The victory was thanks to substitute Khanthang Paite's second half double-strike (64th, 78th minute) which handed Pune FC their fifth win of the season.
The three points helped Pune FC climb to 4th position with their tally of 17 points.
In the first half, Pune FC pushed deep and Gurjinder Kumar almost scored, but for a timely block by defender Agustin. Subash Singh, on the right, cut back on the edge of the box and released a pass that allowed Gurjinder a shot, which produced a corner.
Pune FC finally broke the deadlock in the second half through substitute Khantang Paite, who had come in place of Subash Singh.
Moga burned Agustin for pace and released a crisp square pass, which Paite intelligently sneaked into the far corner ahead of Rahul Kumar's challenge.
Coach Derrick Pereira brought on Jeje Lalpekhlua for Daisuke and he did well within five minutes with a powerful try from outside the penalty box, which the keeper scrambled to save.
A minute later against the run of play, Paite gave Pune FC a 2-0 advantage as he neatly headed a well measured pass home with the Salgaocar defence caught on the wrong foot with the cross supplied by the hardworking Karma Tsewang from the right.