Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.