Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.