Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first