Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- Gujarat ranked best Indian state for business by World Bank
- India hails text-based negotiations on UN Security Council reforms
- Bihar polls: Manjhi 'fully satisfied' with 20 seats, calls truce with Paswan
- Ranil Wickremesinghe visit: Can India and Sri Lanka build bridges over troubled waters?
- BJP up, JD(U) down: How Bihar seat sharing underlines the dynamics
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.