Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- China has deployed more troops near Indian border, says Pentagon
- Delhi court takes cognizance of chargesheet filed against RK Pachauri in sexual harassment case
- Congress trying to settle political scores through campuses: Smriti Irani
- Violence mars Jharkhand, over 550 people arrested during bandh protesting domicile policy
- Malegaon blasts: ATS cited Sadhvi's phone call, strategy meeting and a bike, NIA rejected all
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.
- Across the aisle: Misadventures of the Modi government
- The absence of ‘parivartan’ in political culture
- Why was Digvijaya Singh spotted at the VHP office?
- Out of my mind: A fractured politics
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure