Pune man orders Rs 1 cr worth 'gold shirt'
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
A 'gold shirt' weighing about 3.5 kgs and worth Rs 1.27 crore has been bought by a businessman in neighbouring Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township.
Datta Phuge, the husband of NCP member from Pimpri- Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Seema, has become the talk of the town after he presented himself in the glittering shirt made out of gold.
According to the local jeweller who crafted the piece, as many as 15 goldsmiths from Bengal worked for 16 hours a day over a period of two weeks to make the shirt ordered by Phuge.
The buyer is in the business of money lending.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment