Pune school vice-principal held for bid to rape student
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
"It seems the suspect knew the girl and her family very well. He has denied all allegations, and has said he did not remember any such incident having taken place," Sub-Inspector Reshma Mulani, who is investigating, said.
Assistant Commissioner of Police Prakash Gharge said IPC sections 376 and 511 had been invoked because the accused was suspected to have attempted to rape the girl.