Pune Warriors beat KKR 81-44 in an 'internet battle'
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Sourav Ganguly and Co might have lost the 'prestige fight' against Kolkata Knight Riders a few days ago here, but in the internet popularity war, based on a survey by search engine giant Google, the Pune Warriors India are stand out winners.
In fact, when the survey was done in a regional interest basis of West Bengal, the Warriors defeated Knight Riders by an overwhelming margin of 81-44, the survey indicated.
According to the Google India survey based on maximum 'hits', the Warriors, who are languishing at the second last position of the table, rank second in popularity when pitted against the top four teams of the IPL standings.
In fact the survey put Kolkata Knight Riders at the bottom of its standings as Mumbai Indians were found to be the most 'Googled' team.
In a survey for the last 30 days, Mumbai Indians lead the pack followed by Pune Warriors at No 2, Delhi Daredevils at third, Chennai super Kings fourth, while 'Kolkata Knight Riders' coming at the bottom, the Google India survey stated.
"On a scale of 100, Ganguly's Warriors received 31 hits, compared to 39 by Mumbai Indians. Kolkata Knight Riders fared poorly with just 13 hits," said a Google India representative. In Delhi region too, Warriors won with a margin of 27-13.
In another survey done in last seven days among the top five teams in IPL standings, Google India put Mumbai Indians the top, followed by two time defending champions Chennai Super Kings.
Leaders Delhi Dardevils found themselves at third in the internet popularity followed by second-placed Kolkata Knight Riders at No 4.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today