Pune ZP gets ASHAs back in action mode
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The scheme aims at mainly reducing maternal mortality and infant mortality rates in the district, he said. To ensure services are provided and health workers on the field remain connected, the Pune ZP had set a closed user group and spent Rs 52 lakh on providing 5,280 BSNL SIM cards to ASHAs, multi-purpose workers and others, Kawade said. "We have a huge workforce and they need to be motivated to undertake interventions that can make an impact under the NRHM," Kawade added.
ASHAs, or Accredited Social Health Activists, are employed for activities like promoting immunisation of children, encouraging pregnant women to deliver in hospitals and taking them to hospitals, and promoting other Reproductive & Child Health activities under NRHM. They are paid performance-based incentives linked to these jobs.