Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader, demands Narendra Modi
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was General Secretary of BJP's Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit's General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP President Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.