Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader, demands Narendra Modi
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was General Secretary of BJP's Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit's General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP President Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.