Punish murderers of Tamil Nadu BJP leader, demands Narendra Modi
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today termed as shocking the murder of Tamil Nadu BJP leader V Ramesh and demanded that culprits be punished at the earliest.
Ramesh alias Auditor Ramesh was General Secretary of BJP's Tamil Nadu unit. The 52-year-old was attacked with sharp-edged weapons near his house in Salim town last night by unidentified assailants.
"Killing of our Tamil Nadu unit's General Secretary V Ramesh is shocking. Spoke to TN BJP President last night and expressed sadness on the killing," Modi tweeted.
"My deepest condolences to the family of Shri V Ramesh. May his soul rest in peace. The culprits must be punished as the earliest," he further said on twitter, a micro-blogging site.
Tamil Nadu BJP President Pon Radhakrishnan has said Ramesh is the fourth state-level party leader to be murdered in the last one year.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past